Getting Started with XLL Plus
Thank you for downloading and installing XLL Plus. This page is here to help you get started creating Excel add-ins right away.
Install the XLL Plus toolkit
- If you haven't already installed XLL Plus, download a trial version from XLL Plus Downloads.
- You will need to have Visual Studio installed, including the C++ workload: Desktop development with C++. Use Visual Studio Installer to install it if you don't already have it. You will also need the ATL/MFC components: see HOW TO: Install the MFC individual component for details.
- It's also a good idea to have Visual Studio's local help viewer selected: in Visual Studio 2019, click on the Help > Set Help Preference > Launch in Help Viewer menu item.
For more details, see XLL Plus Requirements.
- Quick start - a simple walkthrough
- Creating an XLL+ project
- Creating an add-in function
- Showing the XLL Add-ins window
These walkthroughs guide you through some essential scenarios.
- Passing vector arguments
- Returning a vector result
- Adding a matrix argument
- Returning a matrix result
- Value lists - enumerated values
- Object handles - how to represent objects in Excel cells
If you run into problems or if you have any questions, you can email us at support(at)planatechsolution.com, or Ask a Question at our support web-site.